Pie Baking Contest
Saturday, October 7th 2:00pm-2:30pm
Registration: 11:00am-1:00pm at the Library
All are welcome to enter the 4th annual apple pie baking
Prizes will include 1st place $100, 2nd place $75, 3rd place $25
- The category is Pie!
- Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Each pie must be made from scratch and baked in a 9” disposable pie pan.
- You may not use pie filling or a pre-made or store-bough crust.
- Only one pie per contestant.
- Winners will be announced at the prize ceremony on stage at 4pm.
- Participants must be present during contest and judging.
Enter a pie: Follow these easy instructions on the day of the event!
- To be entered, get your festival wristband, they will be available for sale at the festival!
- Register at the Goddard Library (Main Street) between 11am to 1:00pm. Pies are submitted at registration. Bring a copy of your recipe, with your name and phone number and recipe name. No pies that require refrigeration.
Judging: Judging will start at 2:00 on the Main Stage with a minimum of 3 judges
- Overall appearance
- Crust color, texture, doneness and flavor
- Filling consistency, doneness and flavor
- Overall taste
Disposition of Pies: All pies will be set up for the “pie buffet” to be shared with attendees.