Goddard Fall Festival Parade 2018
October 6, 2018
"Goddard - A Million Dreams"
There are some important changes to the Goddard Fall Festival Parade. Please read over all information carefully. The parade will start at a different location and will end at a different location.
- Preregistration is REQUIRED. Each entry must have a signed form/waiver submitted to the City of Goddard in order to participate. Completed registration forms must be submitted to the Parade Committee by email, dropped off in person at City Hall or mailed to the address on the form. No registrations will be taken the day of the parade- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All parade entries will line up at Clark Davidson School. Parade entrants should come to the staging area via Walnut from the north. You must check in at the check-in area at the north drive of Clark Davidson (next to the concession stand). You will get your parade numbers at check in and proceed to line up.
- We will be lining up starting at 23rd and Walnut. Parade numbers will be on posts along the road.
- Emergency vehicles and color guard will line up on 23rd Street in the eastbound lanes starting at Main Street. These entries do not need to check in with parade coordinators. We will start moving the rest of the parade onto 23rd at 10:20 am.
- Trailers that are hauling entries for the parade, car clubs wanting to enter the parade as a group, Shrine parade entries and horses should form up on the parking area in front of the ball fields and Clark Davidson Elementary. One member of the group should check in and get the parade number for the group.
- Horses are the last entry of the parade and are required to clean up any waste as they go through the parade.
- The theme of the 2018 Fall Festival is “Goddard – A Million Dreams”. Entries should incorporate the theme.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three floats. Checks will be mailed to the address provided on the entry from in the week following Fall Festival.
- All Marching Bands will line up at Clark Davidson School. Bands will be sent to their parade locations along Walnut with Eisenhower High School Band leading the parade, followed by Eisenhower Middle School, Goddard High School and then Goddard Middle School
- Bicycles/Walkers must pre-register and will be assigned a parade number. Large groups of walkers must pre-register and check in with the parade committee. If you are wanting to follow your band you must indicate that on your parade registration.
- Shrine Units meet north of Clark Davidson School at the Ball Diamonds. Shrine Units should arrive at 10:00 a.m.
- Parade ends at 3rd and Main you will be directed to the west. Bands will be picked up by bus at Challenger Intermediate School. You must keep going on 3rd to the west to allow the parade to get off of Main Street
NOTICES & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- No candy or other items are to be thrown to the crowd from floats/walkers. Candy or items can be handed out or tossed underhanded but not thrown! Violators will be removed from the parade.
- Crowds will be held back to the side of the street during the parade by volunteers. Please help keep the path clear for all parade participants.
- Unless there is an emergency, participants are not allowed to get on or off of floats or vehicles while they are in motion or anywhere on the parade route.
- Drivers of any vehicle must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle liability insurance as required by the State of Kansas. All motorized vehicles in the parade must be operated by an individual at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Participants should be aware that it is possible that an emergency vehicle may need to leave the parade suddenly in the event of an emergency.
- This is a controlled, forward-motion parade. To reduce gaps, vehicles should limit their speed to the pace of a slow walk (approximately 5 miles per hour) and stay within two car-lengths of the preceding entry. ONLY Shrine Units will be given extra space to perform. Please take into consideration that marching bands may move at a slower pace. At no time may any vehicle travel at more than 5 miles per hour.
- If your entry includes animals, you are expected to have a waste detail walking immediately behind your entry with the appropriate shovels and buckets. If you do not have the appropriate clean-up detail entry in the parade will be denied. Animal must be listed on the entry form. Horses must be bagged or followed by scoopers during the parade. The staging area shall be left as clean as you found it, please!